A brief summary:
- Ayya Professor does not ascertain the validity of user-submitted grades or other posts.
- You may read our copyrighted material free of charge, but you are prohibited from the sharing, dissemination, or sale of this material.
- You will post only truthful, non-libelous, and relevant grading and posts.
- You will not post for-pay grades, or engage in "astro-turfing".
- You will not post multiple grades for a single teacher or professor.
- Use of this website constitutes acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to these terms, you should not use this website.
These are the official posting guidelines ("Site Guidelines") for www.ayyaprofessor.com ("Site", "we", "us" or "our") and is a part of, and an Additional Terms under, our
The Site provides user generated feedback on professors' teaching methods and their respective courses. Comments should only be posted by users who have taken a course with the professor or who are currently taking a course with the professor.
Please review the following guidelines before posting a grade and/or comment on the Site:
- Be honest and objective in your assessment of a professor
- Limit your final note to the individual's professional abilities
- Proof your comments before submitting. Poor spelling will not cause your grade to be removed. However, poor spelling may result in your grade being discredited by those who read it
- Leave off your Name, Initials, Pseudo Name, or any sort of identifying mark when posting
- Refer to the grading tooltips to help you better assess your evaluation
- Remember that negative comments that still offer constructive criticism are useful. Comments that slander a professor on a personal level are not
- Submit helpful comments that mention a professor's ability to teach and/or communicate effectively, course load, type of course work and course topics.
- Use "definitive" language, (e.g., "always","never","etc.")
- Include any piece of information that may identify you or others (e.g., students, professors. etc.)
- Include any piece of identifiable information for a professor that would allow someone to contact the subject outside of his/her university. This also includes remarks about the person's family and/or personal life
- State your opinion as a fact
- Post a grade if you have not taken a course with the professor
- Input invalid course name or section codes
- Grade a professor more than once for the same course
- Grade a university more than once
- Reference existing feedback
- Rate yourself or other professors, if you are a professor
- Speak on behalf of other people
- Post hyper-links
Comments that contain the following will be removed
- Profanity, name-calling, and/or vulgarity, derogatory remarks about religion, ethnicity or race, physical appearance, mental and/or physical disabilities
- References to a teacher's/professor's sex life, including sexual innuendos
- Claims that a professor shows bias for or against a student or specific group of students
- Claims about a professor's employment status, including previous employment
- Claims that a professor engages or has engaged in illegal activities
- Accusations that the a professor is grading him/herself or his/her colleagues
- A language other than Arabic (Lebanese), English, and French
Uploading NotesThe user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless ayyaprofessor.com from any claims resulting from the use of our services. Use of our services to infringe upon any copyright or trademark is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to unauthorized copying of music, books, photographs, or any other copyrighted work. The upload of any counterfeit merchandise of a trademark holder may result in the immediate termination of your account. If you believe that your copyright or trademark is being infringed upon, please contact us with the information about the material and links to it. If the request is of a licensing issue, we may require further documentation. Kindly check the copyright section below. Examples of unacceptable notes include any copyrighted software, e-books and learning tools, technical papers not written by the grader, previous exams or test banks from a professor or university other than the grader, files that are not useful to university students, and harmful and corrupt files. If you encounter such files, kindly flag the user's grade. If the notes that you wish to upload does not belong to you, then it is your responsibility to have proper permission from the owner.
Copyright Noticeayyaprofessor.com complies with the requirements put forth by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. We will expeditiously investigate any alleged case of infraction on copyrighted material available on our website, and take appropriate action. Files or content uploaded are not always checked for copyright violation (unless the file is questionable), especially that this process is almost impossible with the increasing number of activities on the website. We shall claim no responsibility for any type of copyright infringement which results from user contributions. However, we shall review and completely remove any uploaded content that proves to be copyright infringing after fulfilling the following copyright review requirements:
- Receiving a copyright notice e-mail by contacting us and include the URL to the infringing content
- The sender of the e-mail should be the copyright holder
- The e-mail should show clearly and unarguably that the sender is the original owner of the work
- The owner shall prove that the file being reported is copyrighted and is not accessible by the public domain
Information Collection and Use
- ayyaprofessor.com collects personally identifiable information when you register at blog.ayyaprofessor.com or submit a grade on ayyaprofessor.com, when you visit ayyaprofessor.com pages, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes.
- When you register with blog.ayyaprofessor.com, we ask for your email address for verification purposes. Once you register with blog.ayyaprofessor.com and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- When you submit a grade on ayyaprofessor.com, we ask for your .edu email address for verification purposes. Your email will not be visible to the public domain or shared with any third party service.
- ayyaprofessor.com also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, ayyaprofessor.com cookie information and the page you requested.
- ayyaprofessor.com uses information for three general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to contact you about specials and new products.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- ayyaprofessor.com will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- ayyaprofessor.com may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of ayyaprofessor.com to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process.
- Ayya Professor uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, check it out here.
- If you prefer, you can turn off cookies in your web browser by changing its security settings.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- blog.ayyaprofessor.com gives you the ability to edit your author's Account Information and preferences at any time, including whether you want ayyaprofessor.com to contact you about specials and new products.
- Your Account Information on blog.ayyaprofessor.com is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- ayyaprofessor.com may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.